All right, you little anklebiters, put your little cap-erasers and your Trapper Keepers in your Wiz backpacks and pretend to at least be excited to see your friends again, because it’s time to go back to school. And before you start complaining about Miss Barth’s Algebra II class, just realize that when you’re grown up, or at least when your body gets older, your summer will consist of a long weekend driving to Iowa to see the in-laws. That’s right. You have to work all summer. You don’t get as much time to obliterate the sides of your mouth with freezy-pop wrappers or burn your eyes on chlorine at the public pool or find people for this week’s Follow Friday on Twitter. So here’s some people for your busy, tired parents to follow.
- The Holley brothers pretty much pioneered the carburetor as a performance upgrade back when Europe still had kaisers. But carburetors are over like fixed gears and that bar in Portland. These days, if you want to get a crapton of performance out of your fuel delivery system, it’s all about fuel injection. Thankfully, Holley helped pioneer performance fuel injection, too. We took a look this week on the blog. Follow Holley on Twitter to keep up with their latest performance applications.
Find Holley Across the Web
- Do you hate rare, beautiful, and remarkable cars? Get out. The rest of you should check out Autoweek. Generally focusing on the most desirable cars on the market, Autoweek features car news, reviews, and an unassuming but impressive Youtube channel packed with cars most of us will never get to drive. You could feast on their smart, sharp writing and comprehensive coverage for years. Follow them on twitter to keep up.
Find Autoweek Across the Web
- We got a breif glimpse of Thierry Neuville’s brilliant rally drifting skills earlier this week. The 26-year-old Belgian and his codriver Nicolas Gilsoul are currently running 7th in the 2014 WRC championship with their Hyndai i20. Which Thierry knows how to drift. Quite well. Follow Theirry on Twitter to cheer him on as we hit the b-side of the 2014 rally season!
Find Thierry Neuville Across the Web
- Remember the Hennessey Venom GT, the fastest production car in the world? A new challenger is about the dethrone it, making it look like a Hyundai Pony. Thankfully for Hennessey, they’re making that one, too. They announced this week that their Venom F5 will likely do over 280 mph, even faster than the Venom GT. If only they can find somewhere to run it. The F5 moniker? They chose it for the most powerful tornados ever classified. Follow Hennessey and go tornado chasing.
Find Hennessey Performance Across the Web
- TORC stands for The Off-Road Championship, so you can quit saying “TORC Off-Road” right now. But what you should start doing is watching it. Because it’s awesome. Because it features flame-spitting, rwd, tube frame trucks slinging around in the dirt, flying hundreds of feet over jumps, and generally being cooler than any of us. Rickey Johnson started TORC back in 2009, and it has become so popular, NBC shows all the races. Follow TORC on Twitter to keep up with the latest news.
Find TORC Across the Web
Check back each Friday for a whole new group of our favorite Twitter accounts.
Want to be featured?
We are always looking for new people to follow on Twitter and new spotlights for our Follow Friday blog posts. Contact Shannon with a little bit about yourself and why you want to be featured (don’t forget to include your Twitter handle) and she will get back to you!
Don’t forget to like, subscribe and share.
Andy Sheehan is a blogger, aspiring novelist, and relentless hoon. He plans to will his 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon to his firstborn, plans his daily commute around the swoop of its roads, and doesn’t plan to ever buy an automatic. A cool-car omnipath, he loves the common Mustang or Chevelle, but hunts for the weird and wonderful Velorexes and Cosmos of the autoverse. And when he can afford a garage, he’s going to turn an MX-5 into a race car.