Too busy shoveling snow and hooning the Mustang to scroll through Twitter? Check out this week’s finalists for who you should follow.
- Straight out of the frozen north, WASPCam is the latest contender in the growing action sports camera market. We recently shook down the Wasp with an unboxing video and a full review on the blog, and found it to be not just a strong contender, but also better in many ways than the competition. Follow them on Twitter for the latest product releases and awesome videos.
Find WASPcam Across the Web
Peter De Lorenzo
- Not only does former auto advertising executive Peter De Lorenzo have a name like an old-school F1 driver’s, he has all the magnificent bluntness of a jackhammer. For example, his latest book, Witch Hunt, is subtitled, Essays on the US Auto Industry and the Blithering Idiots Who Almost Killed It. De Lorenzo’s blog, Autoextremist, is packed with his unique, no-gloss take on the car industry without its makeup on. It has also been around since 1999, which might make it the longest-running car blog on the internet. Keep up with Peter on Twitter.
Find Peter De Lorenzo Across the Web
- Oh, this seems like a cool commercial. Yeah, I like this. It’s so epic. It’s for…a…Maserati? Yes, despite Chrysler’s and Bob Dylan’s firm assertions that they will build our car, we left the Super Bowl only wanting something else entirely: the Maserati Ghibli. It was a bold and expensive new thrust into the American market. Maserati has been here for a while now with beauties like the Quattroporte and the Granturismo, but none have been as heavily publicized as the new Ghibli. Follow the Trident on Twitter for the latest.
Find Maserati Across the Web
- Brazilian born Indycar driver Helio Castroneves has been one of the most consistently successful drivers in the sport. With 22 wins and 33 poles under his helmet, he remains a constant contender. He won the Indy 500 in 2001, 2002, and 2009, and he’s shown no signs of slowing. Keep up with Helio on twitter for an inside look at the American open-wheel scene.
Find Helio Castroneves Across the Web
Chicago Auto Show
- One of America’s biggest auto shows is going down right now in Chicago’s vast McCormick Place convention center. Use hashtag #FuelCAS for all your Chicago Auto Show tweets, and follow them for the latest car news from the Windy City.
Find Chicago Auto Show Across the Web
Check back each Friday for a whole new group of our favorite Twitter accounts.
Andy Sheehan is a blogger, aspiring novelist, and relentless hoon. He plans to will his 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon to his firstborn, plans his daily commute around the swoop of its roads, and doesn’t plan to ever buy an automatic. A cool-car omnipath, he loves the common Mustang or Chevelle, but hunts for the weird and wonderful Velorexes and Cosmos of the autoverse. And when he can afford a garage, he’s going to turn an MX-5 into a race car.