Sometimes you look at the wilderness in the springtime and start to wonder if its actually challenging you to conquer its trails and tear over its rocks. Now’s the time to get out in the mud with your 4WD beast and own it. Here’s a few people to follow on Twitter who might help you with your that.
- Bestop makes the best Jeep soft tops on the market. This week we shared a few tips for installing and owning their Trektop NX, and we can’t help but love the fit and durability it provides. It’s extremely versatile, too, going from a full top to a safari top to a convertible in minutes. Follow Bestop on twitter for their latest innovations.
Find Bestop Across the Web
Four Wheeler Mag
- Anyone even remotely interested in four-wheeling knows Four Wheeler. Born way back in 1962, almost congruently with the birth of American off-road recreation, Four Wheeler has been slinging mud and advice for decades, and they’re always pumping out cool new reviews and news. Follow these guys on Twitter and deepen your wheeling education.
Find Four Wheeler Mag Across the Web
- Speaking of the birth of American off-road recreation, one name stands as the most influential: Jeep. After World War II, thousands of Jeeps came home with their owners, who got bored and started tearing them around on the mud and rocks. They’ve been the leader in American off-roaders ever since. Even their just-announced city car, the Renegade, has a trail-rated version. Follow Jeep on Twitter to keep up with their latest.
Find Jeep Across the Web
Sand Flats Rec Area
- A stone’s throw from the off-road mecca of Moab, the Sand Flats Recreation Area in Utah is the perfect place to test your metal’s mettle. The beautiful high-desert, solid rock landscapes feature miles of 4×4 trails at varying degrees of challenge. There’s even some hiking and biking trails if you decide to get a workout for more than your transfer case. Follow SFRA on Twitter for the latest news and weather alerts.
Find Sand Flats Rec Area Across the Web
- Perhaps the foremost online gathering of Jeepers, JeepForum.com is the perfect place to share your Jeep’s mods, learn how to work on it, and make some great friends. Read actual, street-level reviews of the latest aftermarket gear, post pictures of your off-roading adventures, and get tips from people who have been working on Jeeps since Napoleon was in power. Follow them on Twitter to keep up.
Find JeepForum.com Across the Web
Check back each Friday for a whole new group of our favorite Twitter accounts.
Want to be featured?
We are always looking for new people to follow on Twitter and new spotlights for our Follow Friday blog posts. Contact Shannon with a little bit about yourself and why you want to be featured (don’t forget to include your Twitter handle) and she will get back to you!
Andy Sheehan is a blogger, aspiring novelist, and relentless hoon. He plans to will his 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon to his firstborn, plans his daily commute around the swoop of its roads, and doesn’t plan to ever buy an automatic. A cool-car omnipath, he loves the common Mustang or Chevelle, but hunts for the weird and wonderful Velorexes and Cosmos of the autoverse. And when he can afford a garage, he’s going to turn an MX-5 into a race car.