Oh yeah. It’s Memorial Day Weekend, guys. Memorial Day. It’s a time to remember our fallen heroes, to celebrate the freedom they held safe for us, and to not come in to work on Monday. It’s not a time to sit around with your head in your hands wondering who on Earth you should follow on social. (if this is how you spend your weekends, we have some help lines you can call). We’ll take care of everything. Here are our picks for who you should be following this week.
- Don’t you wish suit coats were tailored to fit like Husky Liners’ Weatherbeaters floor mats? We looked this week at several things we wish were made as well as Husky’s stuff. And they’re cranking out new stuff all the time. They sponsor some killer racing teams, too, so follow these guys.
Find Husky Liners Across the Web
- James May, known to many as Captain Slow, is most famous for his role as part of the trifecta of hosts on Top Gear. He’s the clever one the other two don’t listen to. But May also has a pleathora of other areas of note, such as James May’s Man Lab. Follow him for this. And also to catch him making fun of Clarkson and Hammond.
Find James May Across the Web
- Ford’s released the pricing specs on the 2015 Mustang, and it’s just as affordable as ever! Well, not quite as affordable as it was in 1965 (under 3 grand), but we can’t fault them for that, especially when the smallest engine of the bunch is still cranking out over 300 hp. Follow Ford to get the exact power figures as they’re released.
Find Ford Across the Web
- At just 31, California native Scott Speed, the most appropriately-named race car driver since John Force and Will Power, has raced in IndyCar, NASCAR, Formula Renault, and even Formula One. And just last weekend, he took victory in the Red Bull Global Rallycross event at the Top Gear Festival in Barbados. Follow Scott on Twitter. Maybe he’ll award you an awesome racing driver name, too.
Find Scott Speed Across the Web
- DiabloSport sent us word late last week that they’re about to make the SUV world much more awesome. Their new tuners are out for direct injection GM V8s. That means more power, better fuel economy, and closer monitoring for your GM SUVs. Check them out, and follow DiabloSport on Twitter as they continue to spread the awesome.
Find DiabloSport Across the Web
Check back each Friday for a whole new group of our favorite Twitter accounts.
Want to be featured?
We are always looking for new people to follow on Twitter and new spotlights for our Follow Friday blog posts. Contact Shannon with a little bit about yourself and why you want to be featured (don’t forget to include your Twitter handle) and she will get back to you!
Andy Sheehan is a blogger, aspiring novelist, and relentless hoon. He plans to will his 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon to his firstborn, plans his daily commute around the swoop of its roads, and doesn’t plan to ever buy an automatic. A cool-car omnipath, he loves the common Mustang or Chevelle, but hunts for the weird and wonderful Velorexes and Cosmos of the autoverse. And when he can afford a garage, he’s going to turn an MX-5 into a race car.