This week we have just a handful of awesome Twitter accounts to follow, from big events to big personalities. Check them out in this week’s Follow Friday Helper.
- Thule thinks of everything, from the anti-sway systems on their rear mount bike racks to the swivel feature on their hitch mount cargo boxes. If you need to carry it, and it doesn’t fit in your car, Thule can take care of you. Check out their full line of sweet racks and boxes, as well as their pro-awesome M.O.A.B. off-road baskets.
Find Thule Across the Web
- If one of the Top Gear guys died today (facilitating a swift “Anyway,” from the other two), Chris Harris would be the best candidate to replace him. When most of us would become drooling, screaming fools, Harris maintains a poignant honesty while reviewing supercars and other exotics for the /Drive Youtube channel. He even once got kicked off of Ferrari’s press list for calling them out when they used pro-level tires on their review cars to make them seem better. He’s also an experienced racing driver, so he knows what to do in the corners. Follow him on Twitter for the latest insights on speed.
Find Chris Harris Across the Web
- Chevy is in a unique position in America, being the only one of the Big Three to be building a world-beating sports car and a competitive and agile muscle car at the same time. In fact, the new Camaro Z/28 is in some respects even better than its big brother, the Corvette. Follow Chevy on Twitter to keep up with them.
Find Chevrolet Across the Web
Goodwood Road Racing Club
- The prestigious Goodwood Road Racing Club just announced the lineup for their first Goodwood Members’ Meeting since 1966. Now, I don’t doubt they have members’ meetings all the time, but this is the first time they’ve made an event of it since before disco. But anyway, back to the cars. There will be Le Mans prototypes of every era, 27 pre-war Bugattis, and several Group B rally cars, to name just a few. Follow the GRRC on Twitter for the latest on the Members’ Meeting, and previews for this year’s Goodwood Revival in June.
Find Goodwood Road Racing Club Across the Web
- If you think you’re Jeremy Clarkson’s biggest fan, you’re wrong. He is. But that’s just part of his charm. The long time Top Gear host is equal parts hilarious and knowledgeable, and I’m sure he’d love to hear us say that. Famous for his clever analogies, exuberant reactions, and sharp wit, Clarkson will turn even the stodgiest, vegan, my-bike-runs-on-fat, hemp-braiding hippie into a rabid gearhead. He’d probably love to hear us say that, too. Follow him on Twitter for quips about cars and sparring matches with his co-hosts.
Find Jeremy Clarkson Across the Web
Check back each Friday for a whole new group of our favorite Twitter accounts.
Andy Sheehan is a blogger, aspiring novelist, and relentless hoon. He plans to will his 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon to his firstborn, plans his daily commute around the swoop of its roads, and doesn’t plan to ever buy an automatic. A cool-car omnipath, he loves the common Mustang or Chevelle, but hunts for the weird and wonderful Velorexes and Cosmos of the autoverse. And when he can afford a garage, he’s going to turn an MX-5 into a race car.