Racing season is on. If you can peel your eyes away from the latest lap times for a moment, we’ll tell you who to follow on Twitter during this most wonderful time of the year.
- Earlier this week, we took a look at a couple of Corsa-equipped race cars, so you can have a listen yourself to the glorious and wonderful mysteries of sound pouring out of their exhaust systems. Yes, you can make your own V8 sing such songs. Follow Corsa on Twitter to keep up with their latest.
Find Corsa Across the Web
- It is the fastest, most frantic, most expensive, most prestigious, and most famous motorsport in the world. And now that NBC and NBCSN are broadcasting, we can finally get some decent coverage in America. Drastic rule changes have already sparked controversy, after only one race. Follow F1 on Twitter for the latest in incredible speed.
Find Formula1.com Across the Web
- Speaking of Formula One, McLaren does that. They also build road cars. And incredibly, those two departments tend to work together quite often. Because McLaren’s road cars are some of the fastest and most advanced in the world. From the F1, which became the fastest car in the world over 20 years ago, to the P1, which might be the fastest ever around the Nurburgring, McLaren only builds speed. Follow them. If you can.
Find McLaren Across the Web
- Also speaking of F1, rookie driver Daniel Ricciardo just took second in his first F1 race, in his home nation of Australia. Unfortunately, the FIAA said his fuel system was nonstandard, and knocked him off the podium. An appeal has been submitted, and hopefully Daniel will be reinstated. Follow him on Twitter to find out!
Find Daniel Ricciardo Across the Web
- Not at all speaking of F1, Local Motors is the world’s only crowd-sourced car company. Designed using suggestions from all over the internet, the Rally Fighter is their desert race-ready monster, powered by a 6.2 liter V8 and riding on all the suspension travel you can ever want. They also build some killer vintage style motorcycles, and they’re even branching into…kitchen appliances? Well, okay! Follow them to find out more.
Find LocalMotors Across the Web
Check back each Friday for a whole new group of our favorite Twitter accounts.
Want to be featured in 2014?
We are always looking for new people to follow on Twitter and new spotlights for our Follow Friday blog posts. Contact Shannon with a little bit about yourself and why you want to be featured (don’t forget to include your Twitter handle) and she will get back to you!
Andy Sheehan is a blogger, aspiring novelist, and relentless hoon. He plans to will his 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon to his firstborn, plans his daily commute around the swoop of its roads, and doesn’t plan to ever buy an automatic. A cool-car omnipath, he loves the common Mustang or Chevelle, but hunts for the weird and wonderful Velorexes and Cosmos of the autoverse. And when he can afford a garage, he’s going to turn an MX-5 into a race car.