Motorsports fans, this is your weekend. The Daytona 500, the most prestigious race in NASCAR is throwing down on Sunday. But this afternoon and tomorrow, the Rally in the 100 Acre wool will be spitting dust and gravel all across central Missouri. We’re just getting set up at the latter, and we’ll hopefully catch the former on Sunday. And since you’re so busy getting ready for such events, we put together a short list of who to follow on Twitter.
- Some of the coolest custom cars in the world are equipped with Flowmaster’s epic, sonorous mufflers. We took a closer look this week. Believe it or not, Flowmaster started as a way to keep sprint cars from getting too loud. We’re glad they’ve branched out. Follow them on twitter for the latest custom rides and releases.
Find Flowmaster Mufflers Across the Web
- Texas-based Hennessey Performance started as a custom shop whose sole purpose was to make already fast cars faster. To the point of insanity. That’s most of what they do now, tuning everything from the luscious Cadillac CTS-V Wagon to the Ford Raptor, which they call the Velociraptor. They also make the Venom GT, which might be the fastest production car in the world.
Find Hennessey Performance Across the Web
100 Acre Wood Rally
- The Rally in the 100 Acre Wood has been running since the 1970s, but it’s still somehow the best kept secret in Midwestern motorsport. Known for its high speeds and cattle-guard jumps, the 100 Acre Wood Rally draws huge names like Ken Block, Travis Pastrana, Dave Mirra, David Higgins, and Antoine L’Estage. We’re here now, covering the event, so keep up with us all day, and follow the 100 Acre Wood for the latest race updates. And if you’re here, shout back at us with #100aw.
Find 100 Acre Wood Rally Across the Web
Daytona International Speedway
- It’s the biggest event in NASCAR. It has the biggest purse and some of the steepest banks. The Daytona 500 is so extreme, it’s one of only a few races every year to impose restrictor plates on the cars, but that makes the racing even more exciting. We took a look at why on the blog this week. This year is no exception to the excitement, with rookie Austin Dillon on pole, rocking the iconic #3. It all goes down this Sunday at 1pm eastern on Fox. And it all happens at Daytona International Speedway, so follow them on Twitter to keep up with the action.
Find Daytona International Speedway Across the Web
- Europe doesn’t get all the good rally. We have our very own nationwide championship rally series right here in the states, with eight national events and seven more regional events all over the country. And as you might have already guessed, we’re at a Rally America event right now, getting ready to see Ken Block and Travis Pastrana churn through the dirt roads of backwoods Missouri. Keep up with Rally America on Twitter and use #usrally to join the party.
Find Rally America Across the Web
Check back each Friday for a whole new group of our favorite Twitter accounts.
Want to be featured in 2014?
We are always looking for new people to follow on Twitter and new spotlights for our Follow Friday blog posts. Contact Shannon with a little bit about yourself and why you want to be featured (don’t forget to include your Twitter handle) and she will get back to you!
Andy Sheehan is a blogger, aspiring novelist, and relentless hoon. He plans to will his 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon to his firstborn, plans his daily commute around the swoop of its roads, and doesn’t plan to ever buy an automatic. A cool-car omnipath, he loves the common Mustang or Chevelle, but hunts for the weird and wonderful Velorexes and Cosmos of the autoverse. And when he can afford a garage, he’s going to turn an MX-5 into a race car.